Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Last Olympian

This is my own copy of The Last Olympian. My mother bought it from Jarir Bookstore. It's a hard bound copy and the first page of it is somewhat like a symbol of Olympus. It's awesome.

Yesterday, I locked myself in my room all day and did nothing but read The Last Olympian. Now, I can say that this final book of the series is the most intense and most thrilling of all. I don't remember a chapter where there's no battle happening. Maybe the first few chapters are a bit peaceful, but it always ended up with a conflict and I guess that's what made the story so awesome.

The romantic parts of the story are also a bonus. As I was reading halfway through the book, I was wondering whether Percy will end up with Rachel Dare or Annabeth Chase. I tried to look at the series in general, and I ended up thinking he'd date Annabeth in the end. But there was also something with Rachel Dare that made me think she and Percy would end up together.


These are my copies of the Percy Jackson books. If you're wondering why I don't have the 2nd installment, I left it in Jeddah. But no worries, I'll get it back in a month.

Percy Jackson is also a sarcastic hero. When he gets in trouble, it makes his day great. He's also more like Greg Heffley from the Diary of a Wimpy Kid. When a hero in a prophecy dies, he always thinks that HE is the one mentioned. I don't know exactly what is wrong with him but I think he likes the thought of dying heroic. On the other hand, he's a smart hero. He always has a plan and strategy in hand and it works, of course, with the help of his friends Grover, Annabeth and his brother, Tyson. Plus, he's also one powerful half-blood and I'm not surprised, he's the son of Poseidon, one of the Big Three.

Overall, I love the series! If you love Harry Potter, you'll love Percy Jackson as much. I recommend this series to everyone who knows how to read. So go to your nearest book store and grab your copy now, if you haven't. A salute to Rick Riordan, author of the series. If J.K. Rowling is the Queen, then you are my King.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.