Wednesday, November 23, 2011

First Lady of the Republic of Korea Kim Yoon-ok Meet and Greet

So I met with the South Korean First Lady the other day and I was so spazzed! It was such an honor to perform for the first lady and I'm really glad she liked my performance.

"The girl who sang a while ago has a very soft and beautiful voice. I hope to see her perform again when I come back here in the Philippines."

That's what the translator said.

There was a meet and greet at the first part of event, where we were able to ask the first lady a few questions we had in mind. (I asked her if she knew any Filipino words, and she said she wasn't prepared. Haha.) Well, all of the other people who were invited in the event could definitely speak in Korean. I was a little bit out of place when they started talking to the First Lady in Korean, so I just laughed and clapped. Talk about awkwardness.

The second part of the event was the mini concert, where I performed first, and I was followed by the Off Crew Limits from Bulacan. Those guys were so dope.

Then, to end the event, we had a picture taking, one formal and one candid. The First Lady was so cool that she did a candid pose! Plus, she said she wanted us to be comfortable around her. She clearly didn't want awkwardness hanging around.

The odd part of the event was we weren't allowed to take pictures with her using our own cameras. So I haven't had any. But, fortunately, someone was able to take a photo when the performers, basically me and the Off Limits Crew, were asked to take a picture with the first lady. How lucky are we?



So there. That day was really spazzing, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.