Monday, October 31, 2011

The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas


We were in SM North Edsa yesterday and I finally got to watch The Three Musketeers in 3D! It was my first time watching a movie in 3D so I enjoyed every bit of it.

What happened exactly was first, we went to SM North Edsa, ate lunch, and headed to National Bookstore to apply me a Laking National Card. But the lady said that there will be a new system of the Laking National Card, and if we wait at least a week, we can try to apply, and get the Card right away. Plus, they said they don't collect points anymore. I don't exactly know what she meant but, oh well.

So, as I expected, Logan Lerman had SO MUCH sword fights in the movie and I love it. He was d'Artagnan in the movie, a young country boy who wants to be a musketeer himself, and accidentally meets the actual three musketeers on his way to look for the guy who insulted his horse and almost killed him, if it weren't for Milady de Winter, who stopped the guy because of d'Artagnan's pretty face. I agree with her.

The movie starts with a little bit of introduction of the three musketeers, Athos, Porthos, and Aramis. They, together with Milady, sort of looked for certain keys to open a dungeon full of scrolls. They were looking for the scroll which contains an instruction on how to build a flying boat or whatever they call it. Turns out, Milady was a traitor, and she worked for the Duke of Buckingham. After a year, there comes d'Artagnan, training in the grass fields with his father while they chat about being a musketeer. His mother comes with his white with black patched horse, named Buttercup or at least I remember it was.

After that, a series of sword fights comes in and the adventure starts right away. There were comedic scenes, which really made me laugh, especially the one who served the three musketeers, who always gets a "shut up" for mumbling non-sense and gets to sleep at the balcony with birds pooping on his head all night. All I could say was, d'Artagnan was one cocky teenage looking man. And he needs a haircut.

I bought The Three Musketeers Book by Alexandre Dumas and was translated by Richard Pevear. I just learned that the original book wasn't in English so it was news to me. I'm looking forward to reading this. First, it's a classic. Second, I'm crushing on d'Artagnan.


It costs Php605.00 and I know it's quite the price but I just couldn't help it. I spoil myself when it comes to books. And my mom and my aunt got no issues about it. ;)

Soon enough, I'm gonna post a review about this, after The Labyrinth and The Last Olympian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.