Thursday, November 3, 2011

Athena: The Goddess of Wisdom

This morning, I've been lurking around the Camp Half-Blood RPG on ProBoards and I wondered, Which of the Olympians is my parent? So I took a whole lot of Quizzes online to see if I was a daughter of which Olympian. The result? Athena.

I took like more than 20 quizzes and I guess I got Athena for at least 18 times. The other two were Hephaestus and Apollo. But the rest, I got Athena. I answered the questions HONESTLY, and I guess I am really a daughter of Athena, or should I say, my mother in Saudi Arabia is pretending to be a mortal. She's Athena. Haha. No wonder she's good at strategies and always gives me good advices. ;)

So yea, if you ever wonder who Athena is, keep on reading.

I was researching about Athena and her birth story and I found this on Palothea.com.

"Athena was the daughter of Zeus and Metis. But there was a problem, Zeus checked up on Metis and found out that if he had a son by her this son would be mightier than him (you know, the same way he was greater than his daddy and his daddy was greater than his grandpa). So he tricked Metis and ended up swallowing her when she turned into a fly and figured she was no longer a threat. However, Metis was pregnant with Athena and when Athena was born, this turned into quite a problem. Soon Zeus was plagued with killer headaches and he ran to Hephaestus (Smith God) and begged him to open his head. Hephaestus did as he was told, and out popped Athena, full grown and ready for battle!"

I find the story really interesting. Athena was born from Zeus head! Awesome. Zeus is my grandfather, which is my lolo either the one in heaven, or the one here with me. They are both my Zeus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.