Thursday, November 24, 2011

Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder

A lot of you may have heard of this disorder, and there is also a possibility that you haven't. The name of the disorder is pretty much self-explanatory: people who have this disorder is hyperactive and impulsive, and most of the time, smart. It takes a lot of effort to deal with people with ADHD, because they are unique and special. I was going to say weird, but no, I realized they are not weird. They are not abnormal. They are what I call people with ADHD. It's just another classification of human beings for me. And having no ADHD doesn't mean you are normal. It's that you are a few percent more stupid than people who have them.

I have a 9-year-old cousin who has this disorder, and his tantrums on a daily basis is getting on my nerves once in a while. But I realized I should know better. I came up with the idea of dancing silly in front of him, which actually works. It immediately changes his mood from whining to laughing hysterically. Sometimes, it fails, since he would realize that he looked stupid by laughing while tearing up, and he would shout at me saying, "I HATE YOU! What if someone else sees me laughing while crying?! They'll think I'm crazy!" I love the fact that he cares about what people would think. On the contrary, he shouldn't be shouting that loud if he really did. But most of the time, my plan pulls off.

Yesterday, my aunt, the mother of my cousin who has ADHD, got home from work and told us about what happened to her in the Jeepney on her way home. She said she was almost victimized by the las-las gang. Las-las gang is basically a group of thieves who have the same lame and stupid strategy of stealing your things. They would sit beside you in the jeep, and start slashing on the hems of your bag that will let them able to get your things. My aunt was nearly victimized, thanks to the passengers of the jeep who were mostly men. They were aware of the blade that the culprit held.

So there, that was my aunt's story yesterday. The good thing was that her things weren't stolen, and the downside was that we shouldn't have told it to my cousin. It got on his nerves, he raged, shouted, whined, screamed, went upstairs, shouted some more, went back downstairs, shouted some more, and went back upstairs, and shouted some more. I was going crazy. Even if I was in the bathroom taking a shower, I could hear him curse those frustrated thieves. I was thinking he freaked out like that because it's either he didn't want anyone touching his mother, or he hate criminals. Perhaps both.

When I was done taking a shower, I wasn't surprised at all. My cousin was all calmed down, and there he was, watching Kung Fu Panda and inviting me to watch it with him. That was one of the good things about people with ADHD. They immediately forget they were in a bad mood.

I was wondering if I also have ADHD, or I am just a crazy freak trying to look like I have it because of Percy Jackson. I assume I don't have it. Because if I did, I would have shouted at my cousin when he shouted at me in the first place.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.