Saturday, August 13, 2011

World Championships of Performing Arts 2011!

This is a late post, so sorry!

Any, I got back here in Jeddah just last week, on August 4, from Los Angeles, California. I had a blast in the worlds! It was an amazing experience and I would not trade it with anything. It was my first time in joining an international performing arts competition and it really was a memorable event.

I arrived in LAX on July 14 and spent the day in Delano, where my family's friends live. The next day, we went back straight to LA, to the Westin Bonaventure Hotel, where the worlds took place. I was a bit late. When we arrived, the registration area was empty! Well, of course the staff were there, waiting for late registrations. So I went in and told them my name. The funny thing is, they thought I was in the Junior Category because of my freaking height! I know. If I wasn't in the mood, they would have got into my nerves. And I think that's a good start, them noticing me because of my unusual, usual for Asians, height.

That day, I met the delegates from Qatar and the rest of the Philippine Team. Unexpectedly, they were nice. One of my expectations is that other teams will be awkwardly mean to me, but no. They even became my buddies in LA! Now, I sort of miss everyone of them.

Whew, I don't know if I can tell every single detail about the worlds but one thing I know is that I enjoyed it so much. I won 4 silver medals for my 4 entries. I basically flunked one of my entries because of some reasons, I failed to sing it. I was so sorry. Haha! But I'm happy with what I got. I'm proud with what I achieved. I gave one of my medals to FAME, Filipino Artiste Migrant Ensemble, my org, to thank them for the support and love. Without them, I wouldn't have made it in Los Angeles.



That's me with Hariette and Glee Nette, from Qatar and the Philippines. More photos on my Facebook!

I would like to thank everyone who supported me in this competition. Thank you so much for all your support and just so you know, you all are my motivations to keep on singing. Thanks to my parents who pushed me to the top, scolded me when I don't practice, and kept on raising my spirits. To my fans, thank you so much for the lucks and congratulations and love you've given me. To FAME, thank you so much to all of you. You guys are my second family here in Jeddah. And also, to God, for giving me this talent to make my grandparents happy, especially my lola, who just undergone a surgery yesterday. I can't describe how touched I am when I learned that she listened to my songs right before she went into the operating room. I am happy that the surgery was successful. I hope she recovers as soon as possible. :)

That's all folks! Have a good day and God Bless you all. <3

2 comments:

  1. I'm very proud of you and your accomplishments so far. I'm sure future accomplishments will eclipse your former accomplishments, Karla. Keep up the good work. You will reach your goals. Half of the job is NEVER giving up.

    Good luck! We're rooting for you girl

    Humbly,
    Kuya Juan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you kuya Juan!

    I appreciate everything. Thank you so much for all the support you've given me. I will keep on singing for you guys. I will never give up. Thanks again kuya!

    Karla.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love.