Friday, March 30, 2012

My Kanta Pilipinas Audition Experience







So today was the Kanta Pilipinas Audition at SM North Edsa. Unfortunately, considering my credentials, I was turned down.

Let me tell you guys something about me. Last July 2011, I joined the World Championships of Performing Arts in Los Angeles, California, and was awarded with four Silver Medals, making me a Multi-Silver Medalist. Recording companies in LA also showed interest in me, but due to my brief stay in California, we had to turn it down.

My dream didn't end there. That same year, I went back to the Philippines to join Pinoy KPop Star, held at the Korean Cultural Center, and got the grand prize. By winning the contest, I became the Representative of the Philippines at the KPop World Festival that was held in Changwon, South Korea, organized by one of the biggest TV Stations in Korea, KBS. Giving everything I've got, I bested 21 teams from 16 different countries and brought pride to my country.

Just today, my self-confidence suddenly plummeted to earth when I got rejected at the Pre-Screening of Kanta Pilipinas. See, I've been preparing for this audition ever since I saw the TV Ad, which was aired, like, two months ago. I've put in a lot of effort in preparing for this audition. I've always wanted to make it here in my country. And it shocks me more than anything to think that I flunked already at the first phase. Come to think of it, I am a Multi-Silver Medalist at the World Championships of Performing Arts, and a KPop World Festival Grand Champion in the Vocal Category, not bragging or anything, and I got rejected at a NATIONAL COMPETITION. Can you imagine how I feel? It feels like they just spitted on my trophies and medals.

The pre-screening was held at the "parking lot", which means no one would be able to hear your voice clear with the blowing horns of jeepneys surrounding the area. I've been auditioning for contests since forever and this was the first time I ever experienced this kind of system. I don't think it's fair. Plus, they didn't even take a look at my application form, which I think is pretty necessary when it comes to auditions like these. To add to that, I don't even have any idea who the judges were. I mean, who are they to reject me and the others?

Look at Charice. She wasn't appreciated that much when she was here. Now that she made it to the international spotlight, everyone is proud of her. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be. My point is that Filipinos in the Music Industry should LEARN how to appreciate REAL TALENT and not as a last resort. Hindi niyo papansinin sa Pilipinas, pero pag sumikat sa ibang bansa, todo angkin. Wag ganun.

Just to let everyone know, everything is fine with me. If they didn't like me, then okay. I'm not gonna push myself. But Kanta Pilipinas failed at the audition. What more if it's the actual show? The show hasn't even started yet, but it gained a lot of haters because of the pathetic audition system.

Today, I lost my faith and all my hopes for the Philippine Music Industry.


14 comments:

  1. Correct.... u and so many others deserved to make it through, but because of like you said "a pathetic audition system" those who should've made it through didn't. The Philippines should really learn to appreciate talent and not just put people on their show cuz of looks and drama in their lives. The Cebu and CDO auditions is proof that there is something wrong with the system... there were people performing in front of the actual judges who weren't even as good as some of the ones i saw today. well, hopefully they learn from this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @TPAM is the father of the blogger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger doesn't want to approve my comments. How sad? Are you that mad about the result? Oh cmon. Just accept it. The venue is fine. Just join another contest. And bring your clan so you can rally is you don't want the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you. Nakita kita sa video nong Pinoy Kpop and sa Kapuso Mo Jessica Soho.. You were great. Nag-audition din ako, hindi ko pa nga natapos ang first line na-reject na ako. Kainis! Ang sama ng loob ko talaga. Grabeeeee. Same tayo ng na-experience. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO at the anonymous. I just hope you know me. FYI, I wanted to monitor comments before publishing them so I can get rid of spams. Plus, those were MY supporters. If you haven't got any, I feel sorry for you. Oh, and if I were you, I wouldn't be anon. ;)

    @other anon: Thanks! Parang ang random lang tlga nila mamili. Oh well. Hindi ako magmamakaawang tanggapin nila ako. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well written Karla!we had the same views about how unprofessional they are in handling this audition. I also posted an article about my audition experience
    http://www.facebook.com/note.php?saved&&note_id=108870915911556

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to the audition venue last March 30, inikot ko ang mall kaya lang i had a hard time looking for the venue sa first phase, yun pala nasa parking lot (which was wierd) nung nakarating ako sa parking lot, close na ang audition so hindi ako nakakuha ng number kaya i went to the third floor nalang to watch! OH Em, napaka kulelat ng audition system nila.... I can say na immature pa talaga ang pag handle sa pagpili ng mga contestants, they just easily reject the people who sacrificed their time and effort to go to the audition. May isang judge pa na nag m-make face after she says "salamat kapatid" (rejecting the auditionee). I felt sorry talaga sa mga nag audition kasi alam ko na pumunta sila dun para mabigyan ng kahit konting respeto. Well after all, ang habol lang naman ng network sa mga shows na ganyan ay sponsors which means na wala silang pakialam sa damdamin ng mga taong gustong makasali sa show kundi ang pera na makukuha nila from their sponsors. sana di nalang sila gumamit ng KAPATID na word kasi pag sila talaga ay totoong kapatid, may puso sila at tinuturing nilang kapamilya ang bawat isa. I hope na gabayan sila ni God tungo sa wastong pamamaraan ng pag handle ng show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I just got blocked from Kanta Pilipinas'facebook page for telling the truth about how poorly they mistreated the contestants and how they cheated on putting their "manok" kaagad on the 2nd screening without even letting them audition for the 1st screening in the parking lot, binigyan na sila ng number at hindi na dumaan doon sa 2 unqualified judge. kainis talaga ang mga mandaraya na iyon! I'll also make a blog about this cheap so called talent show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @TPAM WOW THEY DID? Hala grabe. Let me know kung may na blog ka na! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss Karla Carreon: I've heard some of your covers in youtube,uploaded 2 years ago.. Some of them were telephone,empire state of mind.. And your AWFUL.. Please do not brag so much on your article in terms of your credentials.. There are still a lot of people who have a lot of talent and much better than you when it comes to singing. Hindi ka ganun kagaling and BOSES MO.. Please respect the CONTESTANTS WHO WERE CALLED BACK by KP, they are so much better than you from different regions... You have too much self confidence, Kulang ka parin sa personality..

    ReplyDelete
  11. @TPAM: Hello! Just want you to know that you seriously made my day.

    First of all, those videos were uploaded 2 years ago. I hope you are aware that I've improved a lot and you probably haven't seen my OTHER LATEST videos. And I'm not even bragging about it. This is MY BLOG, and I post all my sentiments. It's not my problem anymore. It's yours.

    If you don't like me or my voice, why did you spend time writing these kinds of comments? And why are you an anon? It's either you don't want to expose your identity, or you don't know how to make a gmail account. That's one reason why haters like you are pathetic.

    Thanks again for spending your time reading my blog. :)

    PS: Please know the difference between YOU'RE and YOUR. I cannot tolerate grammatically stupid people.

    YOUR AWFUL = MY AWFUL
    YOU'RE AWFUL = I AM AWFUL

    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karla, Joseph to. Natatawa ako sa haters mo. Lakas ng loob nila sa blog mo pa ha?! No worries. Shoe-in ka na sa SSK4 and I established Karla Carreon Philippines so that we, your friends, who love you ever so much, can support you every step of the way!

    We love you Karla! Mahal ka din ni Yeol! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Joseph Nam

    HAHA I KNOOW. Ang boring siguro ng buhay nila para pakelaman buhay ko. LMAO.

    I LOVE YOU GUYYYSSS. <3<3<3 Salamat sa pag-appreciate sakin. Di tulad ng ibang tao diyan na walang magawa. HAHA. >:D<

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI po!! c P de Ramos po ito... parang unfair naman po ata iyan yo kasi nakapasok na po kayo Worldwide 'tas pag dating sa sariling mong bansa rejected pa.. Haya-an nyo na po sila maraming contest ang nandyan nag hihintay sa iyo..=))

    PS: galing nyo talagang kumanta.. <3 <3 <3

    DNKiddoo

    ReplyDelete