Friday, October 28, 2011

My Narnia Map from Amazon.com

When I was in LA, I bought a $25 Amazon Gift Card to buy a $7 book, plus the shipping, on Amazon.com. It was “The Goddess Guide.” Too bad I wasn’t able to make a review about it because I left it in Jeddah. But I sure do remember making a review of it on the actual website.

With $10 left in my Amazon Gift Card balance, I decided to buy a map of Narnia, which is basically a poster for a collector/fan and it surprisingly arrived today! For only $1, plus the $8 shipping fee, this is what I got.



I was wondering why it came four days early, since I chose the Standard shipping where it’s supposed to arrive 10 to 16 Business days after placing an order (I placed the order last October 17). When I checked the package, it said “USPS First-Class International”! This is news. According to the information in my Amazon account, it confirmed that it is Standard shipping. But, seriously, the package says First Class. No wonder it came so early.


Tthe map is very neat and very detailed that I can actually think I’m in Narnia. The material is also good for a poster/map; you can actually think it’s a map to a real world. Now, I can visualize what really happened in the books and movies by looking at the map. I was all like “Oh, look! That’s the battle field, where the battle in the first book/movie took place,” and “That’s the witch’s castle! Look how big it is.” It’s also amazing that there’s a picture of the wardrobe near the lamp post, to show that that’s where the Pevensies came from.



Kudos to Amazon.com and to Tony Santone, the seller, for a good service. Surely, when I lay my hands on some extra bucks, I’m gonna stop by again on Amazon and buy a few more posters. I was thinking of buying books, but I decided not to, since the shipping fee is higher than the actual price of the item. And I can always go to the actual book store and buy the books I need, without having to worry about the shipping and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.