Thursday, October 27, 2011

Korea, here I come!

It's been weeks since I updated my blog. But here I am again!

So last October 8, I won the Pinoy KPOP Star 2011 in the Korean Cultural Center in Taguig. Here's the article by Jonathan Hicap of Manila Bulletin.


It was a tough competition. All of the other finalists were so good, they sounded like they were Korean themselves. I was a bit conscious about myself because I was the only one who couldn't cope up with the rest of them. They were all like talking about KPOP singers that I'm familiar with, but never really heard them sing. I know the names alright. But I've no idea who they are.

We were 13 all in all. We were supposed to be 15, but 2 other contestants got disqualified for some passport issues. I felt bad for them. Anyway, we were 13 and I was the 9th contestant. The program went on smoothly but then there were some technical problems with some finalists. I think there was something wrong with their MRs. And guess what? The finalists who had technical problems were the finalists BEFORE me, and AFTER me. I was so tensed. It's like the bad luck skipped and missed me. Well, not really bad luck, but you get the point.

This is my performance that night. I sang Byul by Youme. This video is by Ate Dang, one of the awesome finalists on that night.



I was wearing a dress from Freeway and shoes from Payless. Only the shoes were from Saudi. Haha.

Now, after winning the title Pinoy KPOP Star, I'm gonna have to go to Korea this December to compete with the other teams from other countries. The event is called KPOP World Festival and I know it's gonna be so exciting. I just got the itinerary yesterday and the most exciting part of it was the Idol Mentoring! KPOP stars will sort of teach us stuff before we head to the finals. I just really hope 2NE1 will take part in it.

So there. That's just about every big event that's happened since I came back here in the Philippines.

PS: My mom got me a new Acer desktop. The downside of it was I can't seem to use it with an internet connection. The monitor goes blue. Basically, I use my aunt's mac book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.