Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Collection


YAY for my book collection of Flamel! I bought The Necromancer the other day and finished reading it last night and I had a total blast. Although I feel really bad for some of the characters because they had a terrible fate, I know in the end everything will be well.

So in the photo above, you can see the first four installments of the series which I have read already. I've read The Alchemyst and The Magician last December and The Sorceress around February this year. It just so happens that I got so busy since March up to August that I haven't had a time to buy and read the fourth book. The other day, we went to the bookstore and bought The Necromancer, which I have been eyeing on since May, together with the Do-It-Yourself Diary of a Wimpy kid for my cousin in the Philippines, 'cause I'm flying back home in a week!

All I can say about the fourth installment of the series is that among all the books from the series that I've read, this book is by far has the most excitement, thrill and romance in it. Well, not really romance but I got to discover that Elders also fall in love. I once thought they don't find these kinds of emotions useful and productive but yes, I found out that they can fall in love. In this book, a sudden turn of events also occured. I won't give away much of it, but I think it broke my heart when Aoife, twin sister of Scathach, had gone into a distant Shadowrealm just to pull the monster Archon, Coatlicue, with her and is gone forever. What makes it more sad is that she did it for her sister.

WHEW. I won't talk anymore. I tend to give out spoilers so, I'm zipping my mouth. Haha. That's just about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.