Monday, June 20, 2011

A Night with Karla on June 30, 2011

Yours truly, Karla Carreon, is going to have a concert on the 30th of this month! This will be my 2nd concert here in Saudi Arabia and the objective of this concert is to gather a certain amount of funds for me to be able to go to America for the International competition I'm gonna join, which is the World Championships of Performing Arts, wherein I will represent the Filipino Community here in Saudi Arabia.

The said event is 10 days away, yet I haven't rehearse ANY of my songs. LOL! I guess I have to cram once I got the list of expected songs I'm gonna sing on that night. Fortunately, there will be a lot of guests! Most of the talents of FAME or Filipino Artisté Migrant Ensemble, an organization here in Jeddah which handles me and everything, will be singing with me and will have a solo spot on that night.

Last night, we were roaming around and visiting houses of friends and colleagues of my titos in FAME to sell tickets for the said concert. Supposedly, I should have been outside now instead of writing this entry since we are also scheduled to sell tickets today. But I think it's canceled.

Any how, I was practicing my contest pieces a while ago and I had a bit of a hard time singing 5 songs consecutively. I guess that's the result of not practicing seriously for a week. I feel sorry. I'll make it up to it. I'm gonna practice everyday from now on. I don't want to embarrass myself in the US. That would suck. And if that happens, I know I can hardly face all the people who supported me. I have to do my part. :)

Thank you to all the people who supported me ever since I knew how to sing and up until now, when I am a step away in reaching my dreams. You became God's instrument in making my dreams come true and my motivation in doing everything I'm destined to do. Thank you so much and I won't let anybody down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.