Sunday, August 15, 2010

Ramadan Schedule and Chocolate Truffles

I just got home from Sarawat grocery which opened very very late. It's because of the Ramadan Holiday that made all of the establishments open late and close almost past midnight here in Saudi.

When we got there, at almost 8pm, the mall was still close and a lot of people were waiting outside the automatic door of the building, amazingly sweaty because of the hot weather. We waited for at least 15 mins until the glass automatic door opened at last. It felt so good when the cold air from the air conditioner of the mall touched the wet parts of my neck and face. :)) I can almost sleep comfortably. Anyway, when we got in, all of the stores inside were still closed, none of them were open. So again, we waited, we strolled and we window shopped from the closed dark stores. The good thing is, Jollibee was already opened so we helped ourselves! :>

I won't elaborate much further on that but I just noticed that THERE WERE A LOT OF CUTE BABIES WALKING AROUND! Like nooooo they're so cute, I'm gonna die! :))=)) And when the grocery store opened, we rushed inside and I grabbed a bag of semi sweet chocolate chips and a bottle of milk for my very first experiment, Chocolate Truffles de Karla. :)) Well, there's nothing special about it actually. I just wanted to do it and it will be my very first time making a sweet like that. :) I decided to just do it tomorrow because as said in the instructional video on Youtube, we have to use HEAVY CREAM, not MILK. I wasn't just paying enough attention to the ingredients. :))

So bye for now. I'll post an entry tomorrow about what will happen to my Chocolate Truffles. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.