Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant by Darren Shan


I just finished reading this book I bought some months ago for 60SR, which is like 700Php or 16USD. This book is actually a collection of the first three books of Cirque Du Freak which are A Living Nightmare, The Vampire's Assistant and the Tunnels of Blood. The book is 600 plus pages thick! And I was surprised I finished it in just a matter of 3 days. I was suppose to finish it at 2, but I was busy preparing for a vacation in the Philippines and some appointments.

Cirque Du Freak is WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Twilight. I've read Twilight halfway and got bored. All I've read was Bella's crave for Edward. NOTHING BUT ROMANCE. I know, I've read the wrong book. I tried reading it, I was curious why people loved Twilight so much. I'm not fond of romantic stories, actually.

But this book, tell you now, is very good. It hooked me up. Got me reading for the whole day. The chapters are making me want to read more. Almost every chapter is a cliffhanger, that's why.

I'm not really a vampire fan, but I really really liked the story. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I watched the movie this morning and got really disappointed. The book is better, and the movie didn't even give justice to the book. The movie twisted the story, but I understand because it would be boring if they made it identical to the book. They said it was "Based" on the book, they meant they actually based it, not copied the entire story. Well, I know you get my point anyway.

Check out the trailer:


PS: I find Chris Massoglia, the one who played as Darren Shan, very hot. :">

PPS: I just thought I've never blogged about my Narnia obsession. LOL. Will blog about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.