Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tween Hearts? SERIOUSLY?

Okay. Are you guys familiar with this TV Show on GMA, Tween Hearts? If you are, what do you think?

What I think about it is..

SRSLY? Is there even a school in the Philippines with a uniform like theirs? Long sleeves with blazers, short skirts and long socks. Are you guys kidding me? The Philippines is a tropical country. We don't need long sleeves with blazers as a uniform. We don't wanna sweat our armpits like heck.

And the bullies. Personally, I haven't experienced being bullied since it's not really a thing Filipinos do. But in Tween Hearts? They're like, wth? Obviously they are copying whatever they saw in Korean and Japanese dramas. Srsly, guys. I haven't encountered anyone who is as mean as the girls in Tween Hearts. ANOTHER THING is that not everybody can relate to whatever the story is trying to tell. If you watch the show, there are teens who, like, go to starbucks or whatever coffee shop that is, and sit and chill like they have no life. And all they're talking about is their LOVE LIFE. I CAN'T EVEN. ASDFGHJKL. There are more important things to talk about than that kind of shit. It will be more relevant if they are talking about saving money just so they can pay their tuition fees or even buy a book they'd love to read. Typical teenage Filipinos don't do it like them. Tween Hearts dudes aren't doing it right. They don't even act like a Filipino.

AND YEAH, some of the the actresses and actors are like, 13 years old? 14? Whatever. Our generation sucks. We should be thinking about our STUDIES and not LOVE LIVES. We should be thinking about paying back our parents because they are giving us a favor sending us to school. We go to school to LEARN, not to flirt. I mean, it's a good and normal thing to have a crush on someone or even fall for them, but you have to know your limitations. Crush, love, no problem. But making your world revolve around it? That's no good. Basically, the show Tween Hearts, which everyone finds very nakakakilig, very inspiring, very funny whatsoever, is actually a bad influence on teens, well, at least in my opinion.

C'mon GMA. I've been watching your shows for years. Please give us, teens, some TV show we can learn something from. Something that'll make us do our best in school and in other aspects of our teenage years. Please don't make us expect for a love life like that. Make us expect for a good future ahead of us. Inspire us to be good citizens of the Philippines, and not some happy-go-lucky ass who doesn't know anything but Starbucks, boyfriend/girlfriend, gimicks, and some other unnecessary shit. Hope you get my point.

No hard feelings. Just saying.

PS: I'm not hating on the show. I just think that there are A LOT OF ROOM for improvement.

4 comments:

  1. insecure ka lang teh .. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Obviously, you don't get the point. :P And if I were you, I wouldn't be anon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh bro, I was totes gna watch this show online, since I'm in Australia & all. Would you recommend this to me though ? Because most of the Filipino kids in my school keep bringing up Tween Hearts, so I don't really know if I should watch it :L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo bro. No, I wouldn't recommend it. It is pure bull crap so, no. But I would definitely recommend Bagets, Just Got Lucky from TV 5. You can watch it online. Personally, I liked that show so I totally recommend it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love.