Monday, September 19, 2011

Pinoy KPOP Star 2011

I auditioned for Pinoy KPOP Star 2011 and some of the other contestants are against me because:

1. My video is a year old.

2. I have decent recording equipment.

WHAT THE HECK? SERIOUSLY? Let me give you my answers.

One, my video may be a year old but to tell you the truth I STILL SING THE SAME WAY I DID IN THE VIDEO. I sing the song almost every time. You don't know how much I loved the song. And if your concern is the views, it isn't the basis of the Popularity Award. According to the Facebook Page, the finalists' entries will be posted on the page, and the one who gets the most number of LIKES, as in FACEBOOK LIKES, will be awarded. And to clear things, I AM NOT AIMING FOR THE AWARD GUYS. If you want it, it's all yours. I'm not even aiming to win this competition. I just wanna try something new. I've been joining a LOT of singing competitions lately and this will be the first competition that I'm gonna join with a Korean song. So this is new for me.

Two, is it my fault that my dad tried his best to support my singing and provided me with the equipment I need? Seriously, guys. Even though it's not a live recording, THERE WERE NO EFFECTS USED. Yes, I did some overlays but it IS STILL ME. It is STILL MY VOICE. The back ups you hear? It's still me. And if you think it's unfair for those who don't have the equipment, it's not. They don't judge us by our equipment, they judge us by our voice quality, style and pronunciation. This is a singing competition, not a recording equipment competition for goodness' sake.

Why does everybody sees me as a cheater and an unfair contender? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU GUYS? Why don't you just be happy for me? I'm a Filipino. We're all Filipinos. This freaking crab mentality is messing with us.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah ate. Haters gon' hate. Haha! Thanks ate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. in contests like the one you joined, everyone is looking for fresh materials and maybe that's why they felt cheated because you have a "ready made" product it's not really because of crab mentality. they must have felt cheated because most of the contestant would feel that they made the effort yadda yadda. i dont know the real story, don't see a link to find out for myself and it's already october, but i hope you're doing fine now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mary Mary Quitecontrary:

    You have a point. But the main reason why people felt cheated is because they misinterpreted the rules. Like what I said in the post, they're complaining about the video hits, which is NOT the basis of the Popularity award. In my view, nothing's wrong with it. :)

    I'm doing fine now. I actually won and I'm gonna be representing the Philippines in Korea this December. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love.